Tuesday, February 22, 2011


I was lucky enough to get to go to Germany for three weeks when I was in college. While there, I was amazed at the beauty and immaculate neatness of the towns. The houses of the villages are clustered together, usually around the church, and often within the old Roman wall ruins. I became captivated by the architecture of old churches and castles and, after seeing some local drawings (that I could not afford to buy) I began drawing miniatures.
I sketch my subject with pencil on acid free paper, then use black archival ink to outline. Many artists then use water color paint, but I prefer artist-grade color pencil.
This drawing is of one of the many villages built in Mid-evil times. As you can see, very little has changed in the hundreds of years that have passed. It is framed in a vintage metal frame with ivy and vine-work surrounding. It is available for purchase for $35 plus shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment